Safety, Health and Environment Policy
OCCUPATIONAL HEALTH AND SAFETY
Excellence in Health and Safety Management
- integrate health and safety management systems that are consistent within all of our business processes and activities
- develop our people and provide resources to meet our targets;
- meet and, where appropriate, exceed applicable legal and other requirements
- provide all individuals with necessary safety and health raining
- provide support to employees and contractors in all areas of health and safety management system implantation
- reduce risk by identifying, assessing and managing workplace hazards and;
- implement effective emergency preparedness systems
Employee and contractor expectations
- accept responsibility and accountability for their own safety and the safety of their fellow workers;
- support management in all areas of health and safety management system implementation
- reduce risk by identifying, reporting and correcting health and safety hazards and;
- immediately report all incidents and accidents
Excellence in environmental management
- abide by the professional engineers code of ethics
- conduct all activities in compliance with applicable legislation, and other requirements, providing for the protection of the environment, employees and the public
- apply appropriate good management practices in the absence of legislation or where Canadian Shield Consultants believes more stringent criteria than those required by law are needed to advance environmental protection and to minimize risks
- integrate environmental management systems that meet standards of our business processes and activities
- protect the environment through the use of resources and prevention of adverse environmental impacts, including pollution
- implement, maintain and improve appropriate management systems and programs to achieve environmental objectives, and to continually improve performances on a regular review basis
- ensure awareness among employees and contractors of policies, promote shared responsibility and accountability for environmental obligations, and provide support and training to achieve our objectives
Develop, implement and maintain management systems for communities in which we work that enable us to:
- support the fundamental human rights of employees, contractors and the communities in which we operate
- respect the rights of all people and value cultural heritage
Seek opportunities to share our success by:
- working with communities to contribute to social infrastructure needs through the development and use of appropriate skills and technologies and
- develop partnership that focus on creating sustainable value
Communicate with and engage, employees, contractors, business partners, suppliers, customers, visitors and communities to:
- build relationship based on honesty, openness, mutual trust and involvement and
- share responsibility for meeting the requirements of this policy.
"I would be happy to recommend Canadian Shield Consultants Agency and I would hire them again if the need arose."
Madeleine Nadon - Homeowner -
"In my opinion, the true test of a good business is whether or not you would use their services again. In the case of Canadian Shield Consultants Agency, Gerry and his crew, the answer is we still are using their services and we consider them our "Go To" guys!"
Wayne Johnson - Manager - YMCA-YWCA of Winnipeg
"Throughout the entire month long project CSCA did not veer from the original goal and made MRWs time in St. Charles a positive experience."
John Sikorski - Engineering Technologist - M.R. Wright and Associates Co. Ltd.
"We are very thankful for all that Gerry and his company have done for us up to now...their expertise and assistance has facilitated the process of purchasing a good quality septic system that meets the Ministry of Environment's standards."
Ms. Réjeanne de Bois - Owner - Minakwa Lodge and Trailer Park
"We were very impressed with your heavy duty machinery, and realized we were not dealing with a start-up company. All workmen on the site knew their jobs and performed all labour with such care and skill. I must add a personal comment that the workers were very amicable, answered all our questions and did not mind the interruptions when we asked for clarification as to what they were doing"
Jean McConnell - Former Manager of Recreational Arenas and Swimming Pools - City of Greater Sudbury